Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: 2013 the start - January, 1 by CajuninKy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: 2013 the start - January

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of 2013 the start - January
CajuninKy wrote:
Those quilts are really nice and such a thoughtful gift. Quilting is an art for sure.

We had really nice weather yesterday and I took advantage of it. DH drove himself to the store to sit around and visit all day. He is working on learning to use his leg. I was glad to get him out of the house so I could clean a bit. It has really gotten rough around here the last year. Too much energy spent on trying to keep him alive and mourning over losing loved ones. It didn't leave any energy for cleaning. But the weather was nice yesterday so I opened the Windows and got started. I still have a ways to go but I got a lot done and I feel good about that.

I got almost a tray of seedlings started in my little greenhouse. There is more I want to plant but I have to be careful. I don't have a lot of room to garden and I always end up with more plants than I have room for. I am collecting cardboard right now to make another planting bed and to put around the tires I plant my melons in. I need to keep the weeds down. My melons nearly got lost in the weeds last season. I also need to get my strawberry tower build. I have enough pots in graduated sizes to put one together now.

Little Billy went home yesterday. I hope he performed his duty so we will have kids in June. He is a cute little fella but Dusty was ready for him to leave. LOL Now I need to concentrate on selling Cinnamon.

Sue, any pics of the bunnies? I used to raise rabbits and hope to again at some point. How many do you have?

It has rained all day today and I am afraid there will be flooding around here. We went to get feed today and water is running off the mountains all over. Waterfalls everywhere. No fear of flooding from our creek but water does flow through my basement off the hill beside the house. Calling for freezing temps and snow the next few days. Gonna be forthwith all the water on the ground now. Have I mentioned lately that I hate cold weather?

We have been adopted by a cat. I am trying to give her away. She looks to be about a year old and she is a Maine Coon Cat. She is pretty and very friendly but she likes to get under your feet and that is not good. The MD gives me trouble picking my feet up as it is and DH surely does not need to get tripped up by a cat. Surely somebody will want her.

My dog is getting a bit better. He still has balance problems but not nearly so bad. I don't think it was an infection at all. I think it was that syndrome older dogs get. Sometimes they recover and sometimes they don't. We are blessed that he seems to be getting passed it. I still take him out on a leash at night. He has a blanket he sleeps on at night. He scratched it into a pillow and layed his head on it to sleep. I need to get him a soft bed.