Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: 2013 the start - January, 1 by CajuninKy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: 2013 the start - January

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of 2013 the start - January
CajuninKy wrote:
Sorry to hear about your chicken troubles. How are the goats doing?

Steve is doing pretty good on his leg. Walked a little bit in wally world but his stump is shrinking fast and the leg socket is loose. He put an extra "sock" on it after we got home and it was much better. I really doubt they expected it to shrink so fast but it looks like it will need to be adjusted very soon. It is amazing what it has done for his mental outlook. He may be going back in the hospital tomorrow for a week. They want him on the rehab floor to learn how to use his leg. I won't have to stay at the hospital with him this time because he is not sick. So I will be able to get some work done with him out of the house. I am going to clean every room and get rid of some stuff. He borders on being a hoarder and the house is just too small for all his things. He never lets me get rid of stuff so I am going to make the best of this opportunity. LOL

I got myself a little greenhouse to start my seeds in. I am going to keep it in the house. I got it for $20 at TSC during their dollar days sale. It was regularly $30. Today I got 2 grow lights and hung them under the shelves. I need to get 2 more lights. They are a couple inches too long so I had to hang them diagonally but I don't think it will make a difference. I have gotten most of my seeds together that I want to plant. I also bought 2 bags of moisture control potting soil today so I will get busy on the seeds tomorrow.