Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Tomatoes & Peppers: How to recognize the symptoms of ETSSS, 1 by hornstrider

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hornstrider

In reply to: How to recognize the symptoms of ETSSS

Forum: Tomatoes & Peppers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of How to recognize the symptoms of ETSSS
hornstrider wrote:
I suppose I will chime in since I also have ETSSS......I started first batch of 72 on Jan 1, and the second batch of 72 on Jan, 11.

Photo #!
First batch of 72 ready to up-pot to 4" post
Photo #2
Close up of plant ready for up-pot
Photo #3
I pull plant out of cell w/ a pair of tweezers. This is one reason I like the plugs. The entire plant comes out of the cell effortlessly w/out root damage. The roots just hang down the bottom of the plug.
Photo #4
I place the plug w/ plant into the 4" pot. The plug is small enough that I can bury the seedling deep into the 4" pot all the way up to the cotyledon leaves. This helps allow the stem to grow thick, and not at all leggy.
Photo #5
Final up-potted Costoluto Fiorentino tomato plant.. I post this not as a look at me type post. I post it because in the past I had problems w/ starting my own seedlings using jiffy mix type seed starting soil. I have found that these plugs are very easy to use for me, and I thought I would pass along to others that my be somewhat intimated starting their seedlings.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2013 10:14 AM

This message was edited Jan 21, 2013 10:16 AM