Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013, 1 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

It's blowing a gale here with more rain in site for the week, found some of my brom pots blown over but no damage thank goodness.

Hi Shirley what a bugger you suspect you are getting the flue again, hope you feel better real soon. Thanks yes I am trying to rest by going to bed earlier than usual but still trying to exercise as I always find that it makes me feel better and helps me recover sooner.

Shirley luved the pic you posted of Neo 'Justins Song', I have this one too and really admire it for it's size and color. Hopefully it will give me pups soon so I can pop some in my other garden beds.

Hi Nev glad to hear the extreme weather has left you. I can handle the wind but hope the tropical lows dont turn into cyclones. It is very overcast during the day so other than wind my broms outside are couping well for now.

Nev I howled with laughter when I read your story about the Turkish bloke - too funny Nev, that's exactly how I have been feeling these past couple of weeks LOL.

Thanks Nev I look forward to reading the link you provided in relation to Vr. Highway Beauty and Vr. Ro Ro.

Thanks Nev yeah when I purchased the Alan Freeman hybrid the seller said it was yet to be registered and to look it up.and keep checking, at least for now it has a number and I know what it looks like now thanks to Jen so I am very pleased with the current info I have on it for now.

Hi Bree hope you find something more affordable to use as a growing medium for your broms, yeah postage would be a killer getting it that way. Great to see all your beautiful Ae Pups, who cares about the weeds that's just part parcel with having gardens to maintain and if you dont like using sprays for weeds then it is an on going task that we just have to get used to. I do use Round Up on some of my garden beds that give me a hard time but I am very careful to not drown the area in it, I only spray a little on one of the leaves and ensure I don't spray when it's windy or looking like it is going to rain. It works well for me. I also make sure I move my brom pots in case I spray them by accident.as sometimes I get trigger happy LOL. When I move the brom pots I also move the frogs that live in them so no harm comes to my little green friends, and I have never found dead frogs anywhere so I know that I am not going crazy with the stuff - less is more as far as I am concerned when using sprays.

Anyway time for me to head.

Only one pic tonight of Neo 'Purple Sand':

Speak soon and Happy Gardening Everyone!

Trish