Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Passi Q's for Clare mostly, 1 by JLD_II

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JLD_II

In reply to: Passi Q's for Clare mostly

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Passi Q's for Clare mostly
JLD_II wrote:
Clare
First off, THANK YOU! Your B. Charles Grimaldi you sent me put on a spectacular show yesterday when we hosted a big July 4th party. That baby sitting on the deck with 20 full blooms might have stolen the show from the fireworks. When everyone saw it, they automatically assumed I was the "master mind" behind all of our flowerbeds(my wife wasn't too happy to hear that!LOL) and all landscaping. Here is a pic I took of CG lastnight. OH BTW, Thanks for the tip about the leaf bleaching via the sun. I was afraid I was starving it of something but it's obvious now that it's not lacking a thing IMO.

The unknown Passi is either Lady Margaret or Lavender Lady. Niether of the 2 look like any other of its siblings oddly enough. It looked somewhat like a very miniature P. Caerulea when in bloom. I got lucky and found a plant tag I put in there with them so I can tell for sure it's not any of the others around it. I just cant rule out which of the 2 I posted. I was looking closely lastnight and found atleast 10 small fruits growing at every node it flowered(I missedd all prior flowers). I can't decide if I should let the fruit mature and play with the seeds or pull them to take away the energy needed to grow fruit rather than flowers. What would you do? I also found fruit on several other Passi's over the last week. I know 2-3 must be hybrids as when these were flowering, only 3 passi's were flowering at that time each having 1 bloom each. That makes me think they must have cross pollenated since all 3 are patio plant's and I know for sure what flower's were doing what at that time. The 3 plants are P. Lavender lady, P. Caerulea,and a P. Caerulea hybrid from rylaff. They all 3 have maybe 3 peices of fruit tops at the moment and have dropped most of the rest of their flower's, I find it odd they dropped rather than growing fruit since the dropped flowers are much more mature than the previous 1's that are fruit. I'm going to tag these pieces and let them mature for seed since so many are blooming now, I have no way of knowing who pollenated whom etc. My Incarnata is going crazy as usual, I planted some at the base of a telephone pole in the yard. I'm betting it will climb the entire pole if I provide somethings for it to grab ahold of. This pole is so new, it doesn't have any notches carved out from people climbing it(that's how most poles get scared up and covered with splinter's).

Well enough rambling for now, it's chore time. I'll chat w/ ya's later.;)
JD