Photo by Melody

Rocky Mountain Gardening: What do you enjoy planting?, 5 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: What do you enjoy planting?

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What do you enjoy planting?
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Hi...I'm here in newly listed z6 and at 6800-6900ft just east of Elizabeth, (south and east of Denver 45 miles, which is 5200ft). I am into English Cottage style type gardening. I started here 5 or is it 6 years ago now. I'm on 5 acres that was nothing more than feild grasses, never been tilled ground. Has been a long go of it but one that has been very rewarding. My first border 40ft x 100ft, is now planted and have decided to claim other areas for my own.....ok, I'm still working on that..lol. I'd say more than 90% of my garden has been started from seed.

I have been starting my seeds, both vegtable and perennials (see pix below). I am in the process of landscaping my backyard, which until late Oct. was nothing but wild feild grasses. So far I planted trees, shrubs and some perenns. til mid December when the long undies didn't even help....lol. Now, I'm starting mostly perennials and later annuals for this springs plantings....Have started 95 pots and so far 52 have sprouted....(only veggie is Tomato Chocolate Cherry (so far)).

It's amazing what can be grown here in the Rocky Mountain Region, but I sure would like to see some more in the way of moisture this season....like NOW...lol.

pix 5 is a section of my border from a few years ago......amazing what is packed into those tiny little seeds!!!!