Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Perennials: Adenophora tashiroi, 1 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Adenophora tashiroi

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Adenophora tashiroi
DonnaMack wrote:
Thank you all for the good news. I was given several geraniums by a king DGer because I gave him some lilies and he insisted on reciprocating. I had never had any before and fell in love. And then the light really came on when I found what I believe to be a geranium maculatum in the yard of my new house (celebrating one year). Its delicacy blew me away. It was next to the neighbor's chain link fence. I recognized it as looking at the ones growing wild on the trails. But there was only one. Don't they spread?

I also inherited a huge hydrangea macrophylla that the owner said had never bloomed in 20 years. It bloomed blue, pink and purple. Since it had never bloomed it had been dumped next to the neighbor's chain link fence. I moved it too.

The other surprise was a quite large dicentra, which worked really well with my new oakleaf hydrangea and athyrium nipponicum 'Ursula's Red'.

It almost made me forget the billion wild strawberries, ditch lilies, and the relentless march of the lily of the valley, the latter of which if left alone destroys every other plant in its path.