Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013, 1 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, another hot day and I didn't feel like doing much, but when it cooled down a bit I thought that it was time to experiment a bit more. This time I tried sucessfully to collect seeds from a pineapple that was growing here. It is Ananas tricolour and had multiple heads coming off it also. The seeds are similar to apple seeds but smaller as in Pic 1.
Pic 2 will show some Neo minis growing in my mango tree. They have been there for a fair while, Aug 2011 some of my earliest plants. They seem to be doing ok considering they get the least attention of all my plants. I also have broms growing on Palms and in citrus trees.
Trish that is the first N fosperior that I have seen and I bought because I liked it. I don't know how it ought to look but I could look it up.
Dalfyre, welcome to this brom group and the wonderful world og brom growing. I don't know much but I am learning. At the moment it is a big game and I am enjoying it. I will have 2 years collecting in March, Wow time goes so quickly when it is enjoyable.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Ananas tricolour seeds, they have been planted today.