Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Jasmine MOO Pest or Disease - I have tried everything!!, 1 by measurehunter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright measurehunter

Subject: Jasmine MOO Pest or Disease - I have tried everything!!

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Jasmine MOO Pest or Disease - I have tried everything!!
measurehunter wrote:
I have a jasmine, Maid of Orleans that I have had for about 6 months. It is potted indoors in a bright window in a small pot with peat moss and 1/4 perlite and gets watered once every week and a half when the soil surface dries. I have fertilized with miracle-gro at half the indoor strength once.

My problem is that the leaves are wrinkled, grow with irregular edges, are slightly mottled, curl down at the edges, and the plant is not thriving.

The roots look healthy, there are no pests on it even upon examination with a 10x hand lens. I believe it had broad mites when I received it and I found a few with the hand lens. I treated it with Avid (abamectin) for over a month, with treatments every 5 days. Extensive examination over the next two months shows no return of broad mite infestation at all. There are no spider mites, scale, etc. but new leaves growth still have problems.

What should I do? What is this? I also treated the leaves and soil with Bayer 3-in-1 but have not had success in curing this thing.