Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Aussie brugmansias in December 2012, 1 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

Subject: Aussie brugmansias in December 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Aussie brugmansias in December 2012
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
OK, the new thread starts with the photo of the Angels Flight x Superspot seedling that Chrissy (inexplicably!) requested LOL Plus a few extras: Pink Sweetie, flowering up in the stratosphere. A white My Seuss x unknown seedling, showing the pretty tendrils that My Seuss seems to produce in its offspring. (The pod parent was misidentified as Dr Seuss, so now I'm calling it My Seuss to differentiate it from the real doctor, which Shaun has.) Another aurea seedling, almost certainly Golden Butter x one of my early brugs, nothing special here but GB does tend to produce yellow/seasonal orange offspring. (Unless paired with an equally strong brug, like OA, in which case you're just as likely to get a white.) Finally, the pink Aztec Gold (from memory, I'll have to recheck the tag; either AG or white suaveolens) seedling. This is as dark and lovely as it gets. Sadly, it goes floppy and bleached in the hot sun but at night, when the flower is fully matured, it flares open and takes on this pale pink colour.

This message was edited Dec 7, 2012 8:43 AM