Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: December 2012- Where's the snow???, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: December 2012- Where's the snow???

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December 2012- Where's the snow???
billyporter wrote:
Will,
I've tried photographing lights and they don't turn out too good. I haven;'t tried with the Canon yet tho. Just the Kodack point and shoot.

Pepper,
Laughing! I was waiting to see what picture you would use. Very pretty! Thanks for the new thread. Maybe I'll be able to find time to use this one, LOL!

Kay,
Beautiful, perfect weather, altho I'm with Pepper. I am ready for snow!

Will,
We see a spider anyway, LOL! Yep, too tempting for the cat. (Poor cat, wonders what happened :o)
LOVE the oak!!

Ju,
You said it. It has been tooo warm here too, for it's own good.

Pepper,
I'll bet your energetic nephew would jump at the chance to come over and play!

Kay,
On the really cold days,
I really miss the warmth, but that's our reward for suffering thru winter.

Oh Will,
Sledding memories!! Totally understnd about the steepness :o)
AWESOME picture!!! That is some hill!!

Ju,
Snuck, sneaked, never sure which is right and don't care, LOL!

Will,
Watering was key here this summer and I think also next year if we dopn't get any rain or snow.
Around here, the Colorado Blue Spruce is having die back from the lower branches up. I guess there is no cure. One neighbor has been cutting her's back and another is going to take one full grown ttree out althogether. I hope my sport, Fat Albert is spared. We are going to trim the branches laying on the ground next year just in case it's a problem. It will also give the tree a better shape.

Well, our warm days are turning colder and I'm back to thinking Christmas and cookies. We did the last of the shopping yesterday in Cedar Rapids and drove the scenic route home. We went thru the Amanas, where Dger Larry Rettig lives, and past Homestead, Ashton Kutcher's town. Charlie worked with his Mom at Proctor and Gamble till he made it big on the 70's show :o)

Today, I think I better wrap, and we need to put up the command hooks for the stockings. I'm still going thru boxes and decorating :o)

Have a wonderful day!!

Me and a timber tree two miles east of town. Just a little farther up, is where my Grandparents lived, and altho this isn't her timber, it runs behind her old house. They used to run the cows up in the summer. Now there is just deer in there. And poison ivy and oak :o(