Mid-South Gardening: December is here...........Merry Christmas, 1 by Riverland

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Riverland

In reply to: December is here...........Merry Christmas

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of December is here...........Merry Christmas
Riverland wrote:
Charlotte you are amazingly fast and good. Those are incredible. If I didn't already have a chest I would be buying those from you. That size chest is absolutely perfect to use for all your costume jewelry and scarves. You can lay all your sets out together where you can see them without them getting all tangled up. If you put that shelf liner that is no slide or velvet paper things stay put. You can even put some foam covered in fabric to stick pins in or make slots for rings. Big rings and lots of them are the rage these days and that way you can find just what you are looking for. You might demonstrate that with one of them to show how handy it is to see it all at a glance when you open the drawer. I looked all over for a gentlemans chest with thin drawers to do that with but never found one. I finally got two of those long units that hang on the wall with a mirror on the front. Not nearly as good to me.

Gena several pieces of furniture I built from kits. Several I bought ready made on ebay. The bed I built is a twin and I built two to match. I ended up putting one in her house and one in the Victorian. I got one bedcover, pillow ,and bed skirt made today for one of them. only 4 more to go. I don't like the sewing part. I just don't have the patience for sewing anymore especially while I am babysitting Audrey. . I couldn't find any ready made ones so I had to do it. The rugs I just printed on Canvas. The pictures I downsized old pictures and printed them out and framed them. Printed a few old world tapestries on canvas and glued them to the walls. If I wasn't so tired of the whole thing I would paint the outside to look more traditional. Her room is pink, brown and white so it will go when it is all closed up.

Marilyn you can ask Sandra and Terrye about the gun I take with me when we are traveling. It is a 44 magnum long barrel pistol like Clint Eastwood used in some of his dirty Harry movies. I promise you one look at the pistol and no one is going to think I'm not serious. LOL. I don't carry it on me just in the truck. I used to carry a 38 all the time when I lived way out in the country and traveled pretty isolated roads twice a day with 2 kids. All the young people in our area are on a gun craze these days. All the women are getting certified to carry. I guess it goes in trends. It was the same when I was young. I never got certified because my dad was a policeman and taught me to shoot a pistol really young. I didn't hunt till a lot later in life but I have a healthy respect for what a gun can do. We taught our children to shoot and respect guns at a very early age. My children are doing the same with there children. I have one grandson I worry about that is 4. He has been obsessed with guns for a toddler stage. We keep preaching to him about the dangers of guns. He is not shooting yet. He is getting a bb gun for Christmas but will not be able to shoot it without his dad . That's how we started ours. We made them treat a bb gun as if it were a high powered rifle. That respect served well when it was time for the real guns.
I just found out Jimbo is getting me a new rifle for Christmas. I have been using the one both my grown sons killed all their deer with when they were young. It keeps hanging up after you shoot it once. It isn't going to be just for me since it is a youth model. It will help to have another youth gun with all these children getting older and wanting to hunt. If it wasn't for them I can assure you I would be shooting the old gun for the rest of my hunting days. It is the joke of all the camps that my guys put me on gar holes with a gun that jams up after you shoot it.