Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi again. seems like no time since I was saying that last night. I'll start off with getting something off my chest. I need to tell someone and am not prepared to put it out there on fb so here goes.

MAX HAS CANCER. the vet school phoned today. when we refused to put Max through another biopsy they retested the ones they did last time. they made up some new slides and this time they came back positive for C. The way he's been last 3 days I think he'll be lucky to see 2 weeks let alone 4 more to Christmas. at 3am this morning I was up mopping floors. I got up to go to the kitchen and nearly slipped over on his spew in the lounge. I just finished cleaning that up and went to get he mop and discovered another pile in front of back door. So after mopping those areas once with pine-o-clean then refilling the bucket and washing the mop for a second coat I decided to do whole house (except bedrooms). Johnny slept through the whole thing.

Nev when I have my potting apron on I always have pens, pencils, labels, camera, notepad and everything else I could possible need at hand. It's the times I forget to put the apron on that I get stuck. Some days I even walk around with a labelling pen stuck down my bra. I've even been known to walk around bunnings or the shops with it protruding from the front of my top. don't know what people think about that. one day bunnings staff will ask if I've paid for it as I use the ones from there now. I just have to accept that my memory is not what it used to be and remember to never rely on remembering. hahahaha. The pen on hand is useful to redo lables that are fading before they disappear completely, so I try to remember to have a pen in my bra at all times.

I'm sitting here trying to watch the soaps but drifting off so I'll finish up for now and get an early night. Pic is billbergia be-bop I discovered today with a lovely orange infloresence.

Wendy

This message was edited Nov 27, 2012 10:11 PM