Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 1 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all. Sunday and a bit more pruning and plant cleaning. i need to find time ,energy and materials so that I can put the cleaned area to good use. It needs protecting from falling palm fronds before I can put broms in there. I also have to reduce the Maleulecas from drowning the broms from their leaf fall. This is a part of my expansion programme.
It appears that Bunnings have another supplier, one that sticks labels on the pots naming the plants. I got a N Medusa from there today for their regular price of $9.98. I believe I did well.It is a good looking plant that I hope to be able to keep this way. The upper leaves are still upright, maybe from the way it was packaged, but maybe not. It is almost flowering. I also got a Nid of some sort. It seems a nice plant and it too is going to flower soon.

Sue I did not grow Ae Cherry fizz from pup but bought it a couple of months ago. It has a pup on it now and I will grow it in good light and see what happens. I have noticed a few plants growing profusely in the pool area. This area gets good light most of the day, I would burn in there in 1/2 hour even with 70% beige shadecloth. I wonder what will happen when summer gets here,Dec jan and Feb being stinking hot usually. It is also supposed to be our wet season but Mother has a way of keeping rain balanced.
I am confused about Red ribbons and Fosters favourite favourite. I have both names on 2 separate plants from different suppliers and was told that fosters favourite favourite is a sport of fosters favourite. I am still learning, so I had better check up on fcbs, bsi or bsr.I just don't know anymore.
Have a good one
ian
Pic 1 N Medusa
Pic 2 N heart of fire
Pic 3 N medusa showing flower
Pic 4 N mini fireball X persimmio Gee it is dark