Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, another week over already, Xmas not too far off now.

Sue, the broms you sent are lovely, thank you so much, they are all potted up and looking good. I wasn’t able to get to the post office yesterday but picked them up this morning, gave them a dose of Nev’s raw sugar treatment and they are now very happy little broms, thanks again.

That haworthia I sent is one of my favourites, it will grow to about 6” wide and pup profusely. It goes quite black in the sun but I prefer it growing in a shady spot and nice and green and bigger too.

Gee, I wish we could get things done around here as quickly as you do, Sue. We seem to take ages to get things done, things like erecting a shadehouse takes us weeks and you get it done in a single day and looking amazing too. Good luck with your sale tomorrow.

Trish, you poor thing … allergic to fresh mango, how awful. Mango is my favourite food, I love this time of year. I have a few neos starting to pup now and heaps in flower. My neo seedlings are coming along really well and faster than I expected. My vriesea seed has germinated and they are growing but oh so slowly. Your neo Grace Good Girl is a nice one and glad to see you have neo Flirtation now.

Wendy, love the pics of your bigeneric broms. I only have the one, xniduregelia ‘something special’ which is pretty special. I don’t have a recent photo so must try to remember to take one tomorrow.

And it is really good to be back online again, I missed checking in on everyone on the forum each day and checking out all the beautiful broms.

Nev, I don’t think there will be a brom botanical garden where the dozer WAS working. He hasn’t returned as yet, waiting for the next heavy rains perhaps. It’s a long way from the house and the driveway gets rather steep further up. We wanted to build the level up a bit as it’s pretty low and there is a spring so it gets a bit boggy and difficult to mow ... we’ll see how it all works out, you never know !!!

Hi to Ian, Tash, Colleen, Bree, Jen, Jean, Karen and anyone else looking in. Just checking thru the brom photos and found an old one with xniduregelia 'something special' centre front ... it has lots more colour now and the plants are lots more crowded too despite moving lots of them to another area.

Catch up again tomorrow, bye for now

Shirley