Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone.
Firstly Nev I have to correct you, Max loves a good thunderstorm. we've always turned TV off, made a cuppa and sat in the dark on the verandah to watch the lightning so Max has always been out there enjoying the light show with us. He has his toys that he bites down on instead of barking and he prances up and down the verandah with each clap of thunder. he loves it, but we are supposed to keep him calm so he doesn't bring on a nose bleed which could kill him. That's impossible to do. However he has had a very bad cought and wheeze today which is probably from being outside last night having a family BBQ and we couldn't keep Max from going out under the clothesline to watch the lighting and thunder. We also had to keep Rylee from being out there with him.

Nev I've already changed the name on my photo of neo perfecta tricolour. After finding the photo of neo bob & grace in my wish list last night I realised that the label in our plant actually said neo bob & grace sport. It was then that I realised that the FCBS bob&Grace had white bands while ours had the full white centre. I think the pot actually had a dead mother in the middle and our 2 plants are both pups of that plant. I will save the first pup for you Nev if you like. I actually think this white centred one looks better than the true B&G don't you???

Ian all of our ae primera plants have that dimpling. I think that is a feature of the true primera. It sets them apart from the normal fasciata..... dimpling and the much larger infloresence.

Gotta go now to watch the rest of xfactor final. some very good songs on so far. Pic 1 is our ae caudata variegated coming into flower. must get those 2 pups off though. ic 2is our ae primera showing the dimpling in the leaves and the distinct centre of the infloresence which has that flat centre bit. we were told this was the true primera but there were imitations around. we also have a lot of the imitations which have the dimples but are much smaller plants and don't have that flat groove in the centre of infl.
Night
Wendy