Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning, just a quick one while I gulp my cuppa and wait for the sun to come up.
Shirley sends her apologies as her Modem passed away yesterday (condolences Shirley) and when Telstra can find the time, they will supply her with a new one. So kind aren't they?
Wendy, thanks for adding me to the FB group, I'm having a quick squizz there this morning.
I can understand you wanting to leave Max alone. Hes an elderly dog too, isn't he, so why upset him more?
I only met Ray once, but was just amazed at his back yard. i have never seen anything like it, before, or since. Say ho to him, although I doubt he would remember me. We visited with him with Ross Little, after a BSQ show in 09. I bought an Aechmea 'Belizia' from him for $3! bargain!
Sorry, no 'Ensign' pups here. I am down to my last plant, which is too young to produce pups. I think I'll start to hang on to them now, since I am beginning to look like a nursery!Oh gawd,what have I done?
I was trawling through the Neoregelia photo index last night, trying to ID the dark neo, and I did searches with takemura and pitch black, nelson e.t.c, but can't find anything quite like it. I did notice that Bromagic had about 10 plants in a row, all named, but didn't look any different. It begs the question.....Why?
I'd better go, its getting lighter out there, although more rain predicted today. I got caught in a shower when loading the car yesterday evening and was soaked to the skin. I was quite refreshed afterwards!
Sue
photo is a couple of days ago, before I really got stuck in. Hoping to knock it over in another two days.