Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, a fairly ordinary sort of day here today … housework mostly.

Then again, I did see a big black snake trying to get into the brom house today but it was blocked by the shadecloth which fortunately comes down to the ground on that side. It looked pretty agro and I was only a couple of steps away when I saw it. It took off along the back patio and I was worried that our Rebel would see it, he thinks snakes and lizards are fun things to play with. Luckily he was sound asleep on his bed.

Ian, thanks for the ID on the Aechmea (which I thought by its tall, skinny shape was a bill).

Wendy, thanks also for the ID on my NOID brom. If you do come across neo Solar Flare, please hold on to one for me. Nice pic of neo Medusa, mine is smaller and looks quite different with thinner, curly leaves, a bit like Shelldance, I’ll post an old pic. It still looks much the same, a bit more curly perhaps. Love your Hohenbergia leopoldo-horstii, which has now gone from my wish list to the ‘must have’ list.

Wendy, so sorry to hear the bad news about Max. It’s a very hard decision to euthanase but far better than having him suffer.

Sue, I think your NOID 3 could be neo Mamorata as Nev said. I will post a pic of mine. I like your neos Painted Lady, they should be good sellers.

Nev, your ID of my NOID makes three, thanks everyone. As Bree said, Neo Guinea x self is a stunner … is it one of yours. If it is and you happen to have an excess, I would love one when I have pups to swap … soon I hope.

Bree, sorry I don’t have neo Amazing Grace. Did you get your neo Hurricane Alley yet.

OK, I will try to find the pics I mentioned. Till tomorrow,

Shirley

Pic 1 is neo Medusa, 2 is Mamorata