California Gardening: Any gopher solutions? Part 2, 1 by quiltygirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright quiltygirl

In reply to: Any gopher solutions? Part 2

Forum: California Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Any gopher solutions?  Part 2
quiltygirl wrote:
No planting yet. Friday I brought a bunch of my pots indoors in anticipation of winter coming Sat. It came, we had light snow and last 2 mornings were in the teens. In a couple days the lows will be warming up to 32 - wowie, lol. Yesterday in 40's, but 60's coming back for highs tomorrow, Some left outdoors now look like when you put lettuce in freezer (banana succulent, society garlic, cannas, purple queen, petunias.11AM now and all the way to 41. I was 9 when we left WI for the SF Bay Area, then later to SoCal. Need to rethink how to do things.Dug all those gloves, scarves and fleece shits out - and that is for inside ha-ha.

There are some native plants here on the property, large juniper shrub/trees and some grassy almost pampas grass plants as well as some Nopales cactus.
I am including shots from Pre-monsoon in June when we bought, then during monsoon, Aug, and then Sat when it was snowing.

Ernie, we know to keep our distance from those javelinas. DH saw one on our street while I was in CA last week and thought at first it was a dog/coyote (eyesight issue is why he does not drive anymore) and went down deck stairs with those grabber things then realized what it was (still far enough away). I said good thing. Grabbers vs tusks = tusks win! Now, I am waiting to see one of the giant jack rabbits neighbor have talked about while holding their hands about knee high.