Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 1 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
ianperry wrote:
Pic 1 Werhria Sanguinolentia seedlings
Pic 2 N bobby dazzler
Pic 3 Bil Muriel waterman pup
Pic 4 N Roys special mjp
Pic 5 N roys special from another strain
Hi all just did the piccies first tonight. I did a bit of clearing today for tree leaf protection along the fenceline. It is the east fence and just a jungle in the neighbours side. I am putting a cover up 10 feet high and somehow I will have to incorporate a system so that I can clean the leaves off it every now and then. I am thinking of tiltable sections. Tomorrow I will have to give the Werhrias some attention, possibly pot some up. They seem to have been removed from other containers and put into the 1 that I have. They are probibly 2 years old now. Obviously slow growers. I have 1 in my bush house that I have had for at least a year and it is only 4" high. I find it interesting that I have 2 strains of Roys special, the red one is one of Margaret Pattersons and the other is from a different breeder. The narrow leaf one has been in a shaded area for a while and is an old pic. The plant has been moved to more light down near the pool for the last couple of months

Nev I love the Totara's just georgeous.

Sue I just love Break of day and I would like to try some Kautski seed please. I will send a Dbox with my details.

Jean I don't know the plants but they are niceAechmeas .

Bree I like your Red river

Shirley your stormy weather is a nice plant, similar to one I have but different.

Have a good one.
Ian