Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Perennials: What new plants have you just put in the ground?, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: What new plants have you just put in the ground?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What new plants have you just put in the ground?
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
lol carol...good for you!!!! I'm not wanting to mow either...that's why so much plant material is going in. And just for your info the N. s. only the Lonely is fragrant in the evenings til early morning. During the day scent is not noticeable...tho they have a newer one out...... sorry... , I better read up on it before I say anything...lol. I do know some of the newer ones have flowers that are upfacing during the day but N. sandersae 'Heaven Scent' most of their flowers hand down til early evening-8-9-10 am ish. (and on cloudy days). And do you have seed for the N. sylvestris?

Polly...I just love all the lilies sooo, I've got bunches and bunches planted but the deer have been eating them so if I ever get to where I can keep them out..... I see just the stocks...as soon as they set bud...chomp and they are gone....ONE DAY tho!!!!!! I do have a Lily formosiana (Lancer Lily) (think I got seed from Park Seed. Is a shortie at about 8-10", looks just like an Easter Lily on a SHORT stalk, but the fragrance is just wonderful.......They don't usually see this one so leave it for me, but alas, I have to get on my knees to smell it...lol. Will have to see if I have a seed pod this year and will collect, they were easy to grow under lights inside (winter). If I find a pod will post if any might like to try, or might even have some seed from a few years ago if any are interested.....(they have never seeded outside for me....). Pix on other 'puter at home, try to remember to post later.