Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, we had a little bit of rain here late this arvo and hopefully we will get more tonight.

I planted some till seed today on to one of those compressed fibre basket liners. Initially I hung it in the shadehouse but it dried out very quickly so I have now moved it into deeper shade in a more protected area on the back patio. I will mist it a couple of times a day and hopefully I will get some of the seed to germinate ... how long should it take before I see little green bits in the fibre, please.

Tomorrow I plan to sow some neo and some vriesea seed, thanks to both Wendy and Sue for the seed. I have the coco peat prepared and in the containers, sterilized in the microwave and cooled … all set to go.

Nev, nice pics as always, good luck with your hybridising. Loved the jokes you sent too.

Sue, I like your brom chandelier, it looks great.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Wendy, I hope the wedding goes well.

I don’t have any new broms, so I’ll attach a new photo of an old brom … neo enchantment.

Bye for now, Shirley