Photo by Melody

Perennials: What new plants have you just put in the ground?, 5 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: What new plants have you just put in the ground?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What new plants have you just put in the ground?
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Pfg...I just got some pink from Select Seeds today, (#032 for $1.67, they are on sale....or ..d-mail coming).

I just got my order today and were 40-50% off. I had forgotten how much I ordered, ooops. LOL.
White and Apricot Foxglove, Asperula (f), 2 varieties of Polygonum (kiss me over the garden gate), Mignonette or Reseda (f), Zaluzianskya (f), 2 different Cynoglosums, Poppy berries and cream, Flax bright eyes, pink Lavatera, Viscaria, and Centaurea imperialis (think is F also)....(f)=fragrant.

Planted today: 1 Rose dbl pink Iceberg (all in now), 6 Weigela (all in now), 2 Buddleia Black Night, and 1 Large..... tree....Tilia cordata Little Leaf Linden. It was a B&B containerized from Home Depot.....If any of you are planting trees from any of the box stores now or in the future.......Please!!!!! remember, find the first or most upper root on the root ball... and don't plant any deeper than 1-2" at the most above that (soil line).... if not you could loose your tree. I had to clean off several inches (3-4), of soil from the rootball, staighten out the roots and put them downward and not wrapped arond the tree.... I hope it loves it's new home and all my TLC....

pix 1: a newbie this year was Penstemon palmerii (will top out at 4-6ft in height), the only fragrant penstemon...geeze, I forgot to smell it....duh!! Ok, next year.
pix 2: here's some jj's (which reseed for me and on the right is the Dianthus X Loveliness
pix 3..this is a lovely little Gentain (can't remember which one sorry and it's dark and scarey out there....), tho I did get two new varieties this year, still need to get planted.
pix 4: Asperula orientalis, just started blooming as the season was ending so no seed ( atleast I don't think so)
pix 5: foreground...Lythrum Morden Pink (not available in commerce any more...it's relatives are reseeding thugs but this one is sterile and is 48+",), in the background is a shrub rose and white daisy Becky