Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #113, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #113

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  #113
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Well, back to winter here again.
Its cold and raining.
Supposed to get back to around 30C again next week.
After watching all the footage of the storm damage in the US, I am ashamed of making even a tiny complaint.
Those affected with be months even years , getting back to some semblance of normal.
We all have a bit of a whinge about the weather , but here is an example of what can happen when Mother Nature unleashes her full fury.
Our little weather changes are remarkably mild compared to this .
I wish all the best for the millions affected over there.

Back to the mundane and I was able to get all the final drippers done yesterday so now I can just turn taps & timers on whenever I need to water.
I have made a nice place on the veranda for all the azaleas , camellias and fuchsias.
They will face the morning sun and be sheltered from the worst of any summer heat or winter cold.

Hello Teresa.
I hope your tomatoes do well for you. I am looking forward to growing mine in the bags having not tried them before.

Dianne, My seedling tomatoes are still a bit small to venture outside yet but I may buy a couple of plants for one of the grow bags. The seedlings will go in the other and the leftovers into the garden.
Nice to hear that you are having a good time with Halloween. It doesnt happen here.
I'm like you, how do I have kids all older than me.
My son just turned 50 a few weeks ago. . Fancy being that old...LOL

Moon, everyone here wishes all the best for our US friends.

Al, glad you are safe where you are, but I see on the news that there is lots of snow around.
Not the best time to have a huge storm when winter is dumping snow on people.

Anthony, are you still out under your shady tree ?
I think not, with the change now here. You will be back to the fire for a day or so.

Charleen, Hope the weather is kind to your area, but I expect most of the US will be affected in some way with such an enormous weather occurrence .
Pat the furry ones for me. Hope they have their coats on .

Hello Colleen, Chrissy, Robyn, Karen, and everyone else popping in for a cuppa.

Heres a treat for you all....Blueberry Bran Muffins

Happy gardening and stay safe

Jean.