Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #113, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #113

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  #113
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Cloudy here, and a bit cold. No wind as yet which is nice.
Yesterday was quite a nice day with a few light sprinkles.
No strong winds at all.
Dianne, you keep that wind down there, I get enough over the year without any more popping up.
I bought no plants at all. I was looking for a couple pf azaleas but surprisingly there were none at all.
I would have expected large displays of them along with other spring flowering plants.
All I saw were a few rather tatty hydrangeas and a lot of petunias,carnations and pinks. A few salvias too , but nothing like I was looking for.
There are no decent nurseries anywhere in the whole area .
I need to go over to Mt Gambier to see what is available.
Even there, the larger stores have mostly gone out of plants except for a few of those "designer "plants only suitable for indoors.
The nurseries seem to stock all the same types and are usually tatty or potbound.
There is one place I will try over there. It is a very shabby looking nursery with so many plants jammed in , but one can often find a treasure if the price is right.

Anthony, I hope you enjoyed the show if you went along. Not good weather for it though from the sound of it.

I will be going outside when the sun gets itself out from the clouds.
I bought a few new garden hose bits and will finally get rid of the old bits along the paths. I had to get a new tap timer so I can safely leave the tap on for a short time while doing other things. The old one had given up .
Great invention, tap timers.

I hope you are all getting ready for the impending attack of the Christmas heebie jeebies.
You know.... did I buy him/her the right thing ? Will I need one of those...or maybe two ? Did I send a card to him/her ?
All the lovely little thoughts that will niggle at you until its all over for another year...lol

I had better go make a cuppa as I am not venturing out just yet. Its a bit nippy out there.

I hope you all enjoy your day..
Here a treat for morning tea........Apple and Cinnamon Slice.

Happy gardening
Jean.