Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, feeling lots better now, thanks. A bit cooler today and not as windy but what a mess to clean up, sticks, leaves, branches and bark everywhere.

Bree, my neo Pink River is in flower so should have pups shortly if you want me to keep one for you.

Sue, I get very few migraines these days, fortunately, and I have learned to manage them pretty well. Let me know if you would like a neo Pink River pup also. Here I am giving them away … counting my ‘pups’ before they hatch!! Can’t believe how many of my neos are in flower.

I also have a NOID which is quite similar to your pic 5, Sue, which someone suggested to me could be neo Gee Whizz. I do have a couple of gee whizzes, both quite different from this NOID and from each other as well. I’ll post a pic of the NOID. I like your neo Running Red River. Sorry to hear you have found more burned broms but you are very philosophical about it, I’d be quite devastated.

Colleen, I can just imagine our little group sitting around under your Norfolk Island pine and gas-bagging. Be pretty hard to get a word in I reckon … but it would be great, hey.

Wendy, glad to hear you got some special stuff for yourself from Ballina … not sure where you’re going to put them, but good on you. Looking forward to getting the seeds but no hurry, whenever you get around to it is fine.

Nev, so sorry to hear you are having computer problems again. Hopefully, you’ll be back in action again soon. I had something similar happen to mine once and it was a fairly simple fix … it had to be reset to an earlier date, before the problem occurred. Wouldn’t it be good if we could reset the old body to a time prior to when all the aches and pains set in.

Jen, nice pics, I especially like the white in your neo Blast, very pretty. And what a great photo of the Frogmouth Mum and bub.

Ian, I like your Ae Bracteata tricolour and your Ae Nudicaulis but looking at your pic 4, I thought my migraine had returned. Ananas Red Star is cute.

Trish, glad to hear you’re feeling better. Like you said, a quiet, dark room, a couple of pills and sleep off a migraine. Computer screens and colour televisions are definite no no’s along with light and noise. Anyway, all better now. You certainly have some lovely broms. Neo Manoa Beauty is probably my favourite, along with Old Love Letters. Vr Milky Way is still on my wish list along with quite a few others.

Pic 1 is my NOID for Sue, pics 2 and 3 are my favourite neos Manoa Beauty and Old Love Letters, pic 4 is my Ae Bracteata for Ian.

That’s it for me now, bye
Shirley