Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Dahlias: Better late than never, 1 by psudan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright psudan

In reply to: Better late than never

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Better late than never
psudan wrote:
The winds have been relentless recently. I was away for a few days and found a lot of broken stems when I returned. On the positive side, I had several more plants that have bloomed or are ready to bloom. 1.) That is a CG Coral on the left and Salmon Rays on the right. Very little difference in color, form or size. They look identical to me. 2.) Kari Fruit Salad. Where do they get these names? 3.) Clifton Tyler. 4.) Pablo. This one always seems prettier in the cooler weather. 5.) My #1 nemesis. At least they are cleaning up the crabapples and acorns that I would otherwise have to rake up. This is, of course, after destroying 80-something feet of my late green beans. Total wipeout. The temps have been in the 70's all week but are supposed to drop into the 40's and 50's for the next week or more starting Saturday with lows in the mid-30's. I have at least 6 or 8 more dahlias that I would like to see bloom. I think Mr. Jack Frost is right around the corner.