Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #113, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #113

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  #113
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Lovely day yesterday, but became cooler in late afternoon. Very windy also.
This morning is very grey. I think we are in for a bit of rain later. Do the garden good as the ground does dry quickly.
I finally finished all the drippers along the vegie garden retic hoses. Now I can just turn taps on and let the timers do the work. All I have to do is turn the taps off at the end of the days watering.
Once a week gives a good soak and from the forecast for a hot summer, the plants will be looking for their weekly drink .

Anthony, There were lots of almond trees where I used to live and plenty of Cocky's relatives there to clean them up too.
Look out Robyn, you may see a white feathered visitor from Tassie.

Al. I see on the news that parts of the US are still getting high temps.Its nice that it cools down at night though.
Soon you will be wishing for the warm back.
Your marigolds are very pretty.
I have thrown marigold seed around here but the only ones that grew didnt last long.
I do have the wallflowers which come up all different colors each year.
The self sown seeds that do drive me mad are the honesty and a species geranium ( cranesbill).
They get into the oddest places and I am forever pulling them out.
I do love the ferny look of the geranium maderense , but it can also be a pest. Lucky they are all easy to pull out.

Teresa, sounds like you had a wonderful trip through our inland. I just love the colors in our great outback. The red sands are always changing as the sun moves.

Hello Colleen, Dianne, Moon, and Charleen.
Hope you are all enjoying some lovely weather.

Heres something yummy for morning tea......Caramel Peanut Butter Bars.

I am off to check on all the baby brugs.

Enjoy the day.
Jean.