Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 1 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, I came home from work and looked around my plants, took a few piccies and watered my seedlings. I also collected seed from Bil Catherine Wilson and Hallejuh as well as a til sounds like chardeona, i know that is incorrect name but it tells a story. I see a couple of comments as to why we took so long to get into growing broms.
I came from Dalby to Mackay to grow broms and get a drug and alcohol rehab going. The d&a rehab got first preference due to finances and when it was established I got sidetracked into fish, still got a couple but i have not the time or interest in them. I am not replacing them as they keel over. i may use some of the tanks for seed raising though.In 2011 I started collecting brom reasonably seriously, I think July i joined a local brom group and started to learn, i still call myself a beginner. This is to be my retirement activity, I just hope I can still fund it then

Nev that jc superstar look a like is being posted again tonight with another that I have been told is JC Superstar. The one on the right is supposedly the real deal. I do have a lot of gameosepala here and Sun birds. I think I bought it post flowering but it still has the spike on dried up.Thats about it for me tonight.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Aussie dream" rosie"
Pic 2 JC Superstar on right.
Pic 3 N The duke. a pup in July
Pic 4 Ae Prieto
Pic 5 Ae tornado