Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, another hot day and still no rain.

Nev, as you say, it is a shame when you can’t leave things around your home and garden without someone nicking it. Wendy and Johnny lost several plants and not the first time either. And I wasn’t really blaming Max, he’s a lovely old fella but these crooks deserve to be confronted by a ‘savage’. By the way, your Ae Fasciata variegate is a beautiful plant.

Colleen, so good to hear you’re getting back to your old self and good to see you back on the forum.

Ian, hope you are feeling better now.

Sue, thanks for consoling me and you were right, I certainly did go home with something special from Wendy and Johnny’s. Some really beautiful vrieseas, a gorgeous Vr Forrest (which was very high on my wish list), a Dillings Black Beauty, a Fosteriana Red Dragon, a Snows of Mauna Kea, an Eva Charlotte, a Fosteriana x Platynema and even a Megan which Johnny removed from its’ mum so I could have one. Oh, and a neo Golden Chalice too. I did very well indeed and am so pleased with my haul. I will post a couple of pics tonight and for the next couple of nights too.

Wendy and Johnny, thanks again for a lovely morning. We enjoyed the cuppa and the chat and love the vrieseas. Thanks too for the apron, the seeds and ‘how to grow’ advice … all very much appreciated. And maybe you should try Sue’s suggestion of a bit of razor wire to stop 'would be' brom thieves in their tracks.

Anyway, I’m posting early tonight for a change but must go now and organise a few things. Have a good weekend everyone.

Shirley

pic 1 is Vr Forrest pic 2 is Vr Dillings Black Beauty