Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, I haven’t checked in for a couple of days as we have been really busy. So much catching up to do, so many posts to read and such stunning pics.

The weather has been so unpredictable the last week or so, really hot, then very cold and windy. Unfortunately the wind has returned tonight. It blew a gale here on Friday … what a mess, leaves and sticks everywhere, pots blown over, large ones too. Could be worse though, down the road about 500 metres away, a huge gum tree snapped off at ground level, smashed through a fence and retaining wall, missing a house by only a few feet ... they were very lucky.

I got a few lovely new broms at the Olive Branch, Wendy, but no vrieseas. I am looking forward to coming over to collect the ones you are holding for me and see if I can talk Johnny to parting with a couple more of his babies … don’t like my chances but worth a try !!!

I got a few neos, a neophytum Galactic Warrior, a Quesnelia Tim Plowman and an Ae Aztec Gold, oh and a Bill Ballerina. I have taken pics of most of them and will post over the next few days … have to make them last.

Trish, I also have so many neos in flower and really looking forward to getting lots of pups so I can start swapping with others ... you certainly have some beauties, really lovely pics.

Anyway, I’ll post a couple of my new treasures and catch up tomorrow.

Bye for now, Shirley