Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
perke_patch wrote:
wow I do love seeing all those pics lately. we all seem to have something special that nobody else has. doesn't matter how extensive we think our own collection is there is always one we haven't got. I do love the variegated ones though.

Bree I love you variegated one in pic 2. lots of fine irregular variegation which will be perfect for collecting seed to get variegated seedlings. I live for the day when I find a nice variegated one in a tray of seedlings and now that I know what to look for in a parent plant I will get there one day.

Nev you seem to have some really lovely neos in your collection. love the perfect shape and colour of your first pic and the variegated one in the 2nd pic is superb. But I really love the variegation in that last one of your seedling. I look forward to seeing a pic when it is at it's splendid best at flowering.

I didn't get a chance to take many pics today as the wind was so bad it was dangerous to be out in the yard with all the branches and twigs flying around. I was on the phone this morning when Johnny went to the dump with all the palm fronds that came down in the wind, and I heard this almightly bang. I thought at first "that'd be right ... he's just gone to the dump and now there's another one down" but I couldn't see where it was. Then I noticed the umbrella tree next door in the old lady's. half came down over next doors garage last Sunday in the strong SE wind but this morning another section came down straight across the yard towards us in the W wind. It took some big branches off the tree beside our fence so I hope it didn't open up too much sun into the back section of our yard. Gee it was a loud bang too. Anyway she rang Johnny this afternoon and asked him if he could come over to remove it from the neighbours garage roof. He told her it was too big a job to do by himself but he would help her son if he came over to do it. She didn't want to disturb him she said. OK to disturb us though. Anyway they will do it next Monday. Anyway her grandson is now living under her house so he can help his father cart it all away. Johnny is happy to chop it up with his chainsaw.

Pic 1 is neo freddie which has lots of variegation and I hope will give me some variegated seedlings.
Pic 2 is neo lilac prince which I think will also give variegated seedlings.
Pic 3 is neo narelle's joy which will be registered as Freeman's joy

I'm off to bed soon so I'll wish everyone a good night and hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Wendy