Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #113, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #113

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  #113
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Another very nippy morning here. (3C ) I have just been out to give the magpies their breakfast. Talk about children arguing over a bag of lollies. These lot always want what the other one has. Silly things..
They sit along the edge of the shadehouse at the back door and anxiously watch to see when I am coming out with FOOD.
There are 3 that will come and sit on the edge of the table to get a bite before the others.
Hubby leaves the container of dry cat cubes open on the table , so you will often see one during the day helping himself to more.
Of course they need all that food to keep their children quiet.
Soon it will be the children sitting along there getting their own food and so the generations continue on. We love to see the personalities develop as each baby grows. I name them all and enjoy their company around the garden. One will follow me around hoping for bugs, as I weed and dig.
She is very demanding . Insisting I turn over the old logs and rocks so she can look under them.
Makes life interesting around here.

I did get out yesterday between showers , to get rid of an old dead hebe.
I also weeded all around the day lilies.
I see this year, I am going to have more of the large opium poppies. Hardly saw any last year.

Anthony. enjoy your trip down the new route.
I love taking unknown roads just to see where they go.

Al, I am going to have to move over there. Such beautiful colors.
Must have been a very pretty wedding. Congrats to your son & his new wife.

Our Aussie bush is very drab mostly, because the plants had to evolve to live on the dryest continent . There are some beautiful flowers but very short lived compared to colder, wetter countries.

Moon, I love the magpies calls too, but my favorite of the bird calls is the currawong.
I loved hearing them in the mountains when I lived there . We sometimes hear a few travelling through here .

Teresa, its funny you saying the dogs cant tell time when daylight saving kicks in. Our magpies know exactly what time it is no matter what. They are there at the earlier hour now and will easily change when daylight saving ends. Smart little things..

Hello Charleen, Dianne, Colleen and Karen.

I had better get up from here and see if hubby wants another cuppa. He is improving slowly.
Takes longer as he ages. . ( 70 in 2 weeks )

Better see what I have in the kitchen for you all for morning tea too.

Here we are ....Ginger Sponge ( with lots of cream of course )

Enjoy the day.
Jean.