Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?
shortleaf wrote:
I'm still waiting for my Elephant Ears and the TropiCanna to lose their foliage which could be awhile it looks like, then I'll bring them in. Maybe I won't bring in the Canna, I might take a chance and plant it next to the foundation somewhere. I saw a friend's yard recently and she had Cannas overwinter next to her foundation. The TropiCanna is all the way over on the left in that light beige pot. -

There is my Persimmon tree starting to turn into it's nice Fall color! It even has a few persimmons for a single non-self-fruiting (dioecious) tree! - The color of that photo is a little funny but it showed the Persimmon clearer than the other four I took. I'll post the next best one so you'll see what I mean. -
Here is that Persimmon tree over 7 years ago, getting a hole dug! - That Dwarf Alberta Spruce in the old photo died this Summer in the heat and drought, (see it all brown back there,in the current photo, I haven't removed it yet).
Will