Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Still blooming..., 1 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Still blooming...

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Still blooming...
DonnaMack wrote:
Such beautiful plants! And all unknown to me, except that I have a japanese variegated kerria I received from Raulston Arboretum. It is labeled Kerria Japonica 'Fibuki Nishiki'. It spent its first year in a pot and did well, so it is in my new garden, and it bloomed nicely, but it stopped months ago. I wonder whether it will sucker like yours.

Is yours truly not native? I'm just curious, because you have the most sensational native plants I have ever seen. They are not nearly as lovely in Illinois.

Your Leptodermis oblonga absolutely blew me away. I loved the pictures in Plant files.

Do you have a large garden? You seem to have a billion plants, and so many unconventional ones. My deutzia Codsall Pinks have done very well in their first year. I can't wait to see them bloom next year.

Here is a pic of my kerria from early spring, on April 4. As you can see it is still developing.