Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #113, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #113

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  #113
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
We had some nice light rain during the night. It will be just the thing to settle all the plants in that I repotted yesterday.
I also dont have to water the vegie garden , which was going to be my first morning job.
I have spotted the first spider mites on my brugs, so spraying is now on the list of weekly jobs through Spring/ Summer.

Gabi65, I love the Summer sound of cicadas, but I know in some places it can be deafening.
Dont know what your little creature is but sounds like a cicada.
We dont have many here and they are rarely heard.
I grew up with the sound of them all Summer and it does take me back when I hear them.

Teresa, you are certainly having problems with getting your house finally done. I do hope you get the chimney done before next winter.
Give Sugar and Copper a pat for me. Hope Sugar has not been naughty for awhile.

Anthony, you make a good cicada....lol
Talking of alien creatures, I have been looking at the end of each episode of Dr Who as I wait for Star Trek to come on.
Some weird creatures there, let me tell you.
It all seems so silly now as Sci Fi has really gone ahead with more realistic aliens.
I used to watch the show when it was on way back when because there was nothing much in Sci Fi .
I laugh at it now..
How are your liliums going ?
Mine are growing steadily and I am hoping for lots of flowers .

Chrissy, hope your hubby is feeling much better. I hope the fire danger has eased for you with some cooler weather. I think we are all in for a very dry season which will be an anxious one as the long grass dries off everywhere.

Dianne, I have lots of ranuncs & anemones flowering now. Spring has plopped itself down in my garden.
I have bulbs such as the lilac & pink bluebells that I havent seen for years. The alstromerias are flowing and I really should get out and tie them all up but they look so pretty falling around .
I am going to add a few more small lavenders as they too look very pretty. I love the little bunny ears on them .

Colleen, good luck with your pod on that brug. Mine are growing well but the warm weather is going to slow them down now.

Hello Karen, Al, Moon and Charleen. Hope all is well at all your places.

I am going out to check on my repotted plants . Two are large and I dont want them falling over. Luckily there is no wind.

Have a great day and and enjoy this..... Almond and Strawberry Cake.....

Happy day
Jean