Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?
shortleaf wrote:
Oh, the time to bring plants in is creeping near, like 1 day near! According to the forecast it is still tolerable I'd think for houseplants outside for 2 more days but after Thurs. the temperature goes downhill! -
http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast Tomorrow, even though it says 80° during the day it starts dropping tomorrow nite it looks like. I hope to have most of my plants on my new silver baker's rack! I worked on it some more today, I just have one more shoplite to put on it and I'll be done. I got another photo of my shining silver baker's rack/plant cart!

I cut off 6 or 7 cuttings of English Ivy and got them planted at the base of my new and glorious trellis to one day let the Ivy climb up the chimney and thereabouts. I used a pencil to jab a hole in the dirt for the cuttings, I hope they don't want much room to spread out! They are kinda just a test to see if they will take root that unpreferred way. I will dig a trench and put in some loose soil from a bag if these don't like rooting this primitive way. I planted them on the inside of the trellis so they don't get hit by anything like a mower or a weedwhacker.