Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Springtime in the BRUGMANSIA garden.., 1 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: Springtime in the BRUGMANSIA garden..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Springtime in the BRUGMANSIA garden..
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
chrissy100 wrote:Aren't they pretty :-) ...good luck with the cestrum cross ...sounds interesting.
you can cross your own lanterns now too. I made a double pink a while ago. Got quite a surprise.

Was the parent a double? My seedlings are from bought seed, so I don't know what the parents were like or how shape and colour are passed down. Will be good when my own seeds start flowering, maybe this growing season for the first of them with a bit of luck.

DeadlyNight wrote:Cestrum yes they are in some ones garden and i have about 30 seed which i have never grown from seed, when cestrum self pollinate do the seed come true to the parent or is there a variant to them that could be interesting?????
it will be very interesting to see if the cestrum set pods for you and if they cross it would be nice to see what may come of those

I don't know as I haven't grown any from my own seed but I hope to find out if either of them gets a seed capsule.