Dahlias: Better late than never, 1 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: Better late than never

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Better late than never
pirl wrote:
You're right, Mary. I also bring the camera and have to download daily or I'll forget why I took the photos.

It's amazing what we can do when we are desperate. I've had the list go up, past my elbow, but haven't made it to the shoulder yet. Forgetfulness goes with the territory. If I were good at remembering the jobs for the day Sharpie might go out of business.

Yes, Dan, by the end of the day it takes great imagination to think of what was tattooed on my arm! Saying to yourself, "Oh, I'll remember", is a sure path to forgetting.

I've been out tending Kasasagi and I'm up to Vancouver now. The best (huge) stem broke in the heavy winds we had earlier this week (can't remember the day!).

To protect a few daylilies from the beasts known as deer, I had laid a large piece of old rusted wire fencing over them back in June. Today I went to remove it and saw a plain yellow waterlily dahlia had made it its home and Kasasagi has grown on it. Maybe that's a better idea for the future than stakes. I could put it over the stake and create my own cages, just lifting them up to plant new dahlias next year. It's a good winter project.