Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 1 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, it is going to be a hectic weekend, going to Huhenden to move my son back to mackay. it is about 800 k each way so a lot of travelling and not much time for Ian. Less even for myy broms but they should be alright as it is only for 2 days. I will be back at work monday.
Nev I wonder if one could go direct to a plant breeder and ask about parentage and maybe some other relevant information, just a thought.
Colleen, Ian gone potty, weally buddy potty,but having fun
Nev, about fertilisers, the group or 1 of it's members buys it in bulk and sells it off to other members, just covering costs. I think any group of locals in an area could do that. How do I know what fertiliser has been used on that plant I bought from a local nursery that got it from a southern supplier and how long ago was it fertilised. Often I don't fertilise for 3 months and then presume the fertiliser has been used up by the plant. I like your tagging system, but how do we stop birds from taking tags. Ought we keep another record somewhere in case of this.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Orthophytum Vagans.
Pic 2 Ae spaeroglossa. It gave me the... so I potted it.
Pic 3 Alacantrea regina alba, yes that is a 25 litre orchid mix bag in front of it.
Pic 4 N noid ? tiger
Pic 5 Ae Fendleri in early stages of flower.