Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 1 by brombirdie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brombirdie

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
brombirdie wrote:
All the best for tomorrow Sue. Your garden looks great and I'm sure the judges will love it. Hope the storms can hold off for another day. Can't wait to read about how it went. The colours in your Neos are lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing your Alcant brasiliana in real life.
Nev, hope all your appointments went well. I love your Aechmea. The baby recurvatas that I got from you are just starting to flower and it's exciting watching the colours develop. Ray's favourite is Ae. Blush that came from Sue but is it one of yours originally? Reducing your collection to a manageable size is painful but realistic. I've been busy doing exactly the same thing. Anything that is just sitting around looking straggly is going. My aim is to to have less but grow everything as well as I can. Someone said it's easy to grow broms but growing them well is much harder. Aint that the truth.
Hope you're not too exhausted from all the babysitting Wendy. It must have taken ages to water all your broms. I almost got excited tonight when there was a bit of thunder but no rain again! The photos of all your variegated Neos look great.
Ian, you've been posting some top photos. Looks like you have a very extensive collection with a wide variety. Your Billbergia tigrina horrida is very interesting. Love the flowers. Billbergias are my main addiction at the moment.
Trish, you have some very nice Vrieseas. Bet they love that area. The asparagus is amazing. And I love your little dogs.
Bree, Jean and Colleen your collections are certainly expanding. You have some lovely broms. Hope I haven't missed anyone. Wow, there are so many people in here now it feels a bit like writing the next chapter of War and Peace. It will be interesting to see how the photos go. 3. is my Ursulaea macvaughii seedling from Nev for Nev and Sue with my big fat feet for size comparison. 1. is Ae. recurvata Blush from Sue. 4. is my favourite atm, Vriesea Snows of MK x Red Chestnut from Alan Pythian. 2. is Aechmea ramosa festiva flowering now. 5 is Snows of MK F2. Night all. Jen