Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: FREE FOR THE TAKING....SALMON HIBISCUS PLANT IN 20" POT, 1 by JBerger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JBerger

Subject: FREE FOR THE TAKING....SALMON HIBISCUS PLANT IN 20" POT

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FREE FOR THE TAKING....SALMON HIBISCUS PLANT IN 20" POT
JBerger wrote:
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED 9/17/2012 JB

THIS SALMON HIBISCUS IS OLD, BIG, HEALTHY AND POT BOUND....IT IS TOO BIG FOR ME TO KEEP IN THE GREENHOUSE ANY LONGER AND I DO NOT WANT IT TO DIE OVER THE WINTER. IT IS FREE FOR THE TAKING AND IT WILL TAKE A PICKUP OR LARGE VEHICLE TO HAUL IT. IT IS VERY HEAVY. IT IS GETTING READY TO BLOOM AGAIN.
IT BLOOMS YEAR ROUND IN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS.

I hope someone in the surrounding area has a place for it. It is such a big plant and so heavy I just can not ship it anyplace.
I have kept it trimmed back but it still keeps growing. It stays outside from April until October but then we are pushing our luck here at the farm because it gets really cold. I have it sitting between the yard beside the AC and the deck in a corner where it gets only Morning sun for now. It was out in full sun, partial sun, late afternoon sun, it just seems to love almost anyplace you put it if you keep it watered and keep it in a big enough pot. I think it would fit in a muck bucket for a few years if you cut holes in the muck bucket for drainage.. That was going to be my next container for it, but the Aimees took up so much room in the GH that this has to go. Pass the word around if you will please.

This message was edited Sep 14, 2012 4:13 PM

This message was edited Sep 17, 2012 3:06 PM