Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 1 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Its a good brisk morning again with a bit of a wind blowing. I'm out of here again today to do a bit of bush walking and then have lunch with Barry.

I did get my screw driver thingie, but I found a pack of two, one with the Philips Head (thanks Sue) and the other with the flat blade end. Never know when I might need one of those too. Had a look at Bunning garden section while there. The daisy like flowers are just getting more and more beautiful. Wish I had a sunny garden to grow them.

Also got a book for Uncle Merv. Don't know what he usually reads but I got a James Patterson book. He seems to be very popular and not hard to read either. Will get Trixie some crochet cotton, as she likes to do those teatowels folded and made into kitchen hand towels. Merv is too weak to go on outings so there's not much else for him to do but read or do crosswords. He's hooked up to oxygen all the time but can still move around when he's strong enough.

Some wonderful broms posted again today. That Spots and Dots is a nice one. I love that Neo Midnight Moment, Nev. Bree, I have quite a few that are similar to that last one you posted. All are small, all slightly different from each other, and most are NOIDs. I don't think any are marked as strongly as the one in your pic though. Shirley, that difference between those 2 plants is amazing. I love the var. one, but then I have a weakness for vars. Ian, I like that Lime Fizz too. Wendy, enjoy your days off. I found young grandchildren were great to have around, but always nice to be able to hand them back at the end of the day. I still wonder where they get all that energy though. Would love to bottle it. Mine are all grown up now and turning into couch potatoes.

Hello to everyone, hope you all have a great day.
Karen

Have this noid growing in my frangipanni tree. No idea what it is, and at first glance it is rather plain, but it has coloured up a lot and is now in flower. It is a bit larger than Fireball. It is directly under a wattle tree and the dead flowers keep filling the cups.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2012 3:31 PM