Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Annual Choice Trend, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Annual Choice Trend

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Annual Choice Trend
Gitagal wrote:
Semper....
Very pretty--all combined....
Isn't there another Daisy that grows wild in the fields? Looks like a smaller version of a Shasta.

I grow Shastas, and Rudbeckia Goldstrum, which self-seeds easily.
It is the state flower of Maryland.

Right now my Autumn Sedum is starting to bloom. There are every kind of bee all over it....

I am rearranging some of my taller perennials. VERY hard work as the bed I am putting them in is just feet away
from my big, old Silver Maple. The bane of my back yard....
There is a bed on that corner--which I call my "YUK" bed because of all the roots in there.
Digging in this bed is horrendous labor.
But--many hardy perennials do grow there--and I am very respectful of their tenacity.

My neighbors (from Pakistan) just built a 6' fence completely around their yard.
Part of this fence now also fences off my "YUK" bed. After initial anger (re the fence) ,
I decided it looks pretty nice as a backdrop for some of my taller perennials in this bed.
The plants I just moved there were 2 Cardinal Flowers, which will flank, on either side, the tall
New England Aster. Put a Black and Blue Salvia in front of each.

Well--gotta run. Have a dr.'s appt in a bit.

Gita
1--The cardinal Flowers in the bed they were growing in.
2--The fence behind my "YUK" bed. A red Epi ready to bloom in front. These are pictures from June.