Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansia in Australia - Spring 2012, 1 by WayneCarter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WayneCarter

In reply to: Brugmansia in Australia - Spring 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Brugmansia in Australia - Spring 2012
WayneCarter wrote:
The nursery plants are a bit knocked around at present - typical post winter condition. They will come back with the warmer weather. I did a bit of repotting and topping up soil today. The pots tend to wash out a bit. Also a good dose of Dynamic Lifter.

Shaun, my "Anne" aurea is the plant that was sold by Yamina Rare Plants as B. aurea. I simply "named" it Anne, as it is growing in my sister's garden.

Cestrum, the first batch (10) of 'Bucks Fizz' x noid that I grew a few years back, all turned out white. The 2010 batch of 5, threw two pinks! Both of these, in pots have freely set to produce a pod each! I have not had the heart to whip the pods off, as I have no intention of growing seed from them.

Allan, thanks for the update on 'Tintarella'. We have had a flush already on the mother plant here! I do hope that it does well for you. It is a fun little thing with a great scent (honey/almond). Fun also in that it's heritage is 'Glass House Angel' (from Jean) x 'Butter Bomb' (Alistair) pollinated by Chrissy and grown by me! :)

Jean are you OK for a cutting now, or do you want to wait until it gets a bit warmer?

'Tintarella' pic.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2012 5:02 PM