Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 5 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hello to Everyone!!!

Hope you are all well, as always enjoyed reading everyone's thread's and looking at everyones beautiful pic's.

Hi Nev, thanks just with regards to Ae. Fosters Freckles, yeah aint it a beauty, it was luv at first sight when I first spotted it's hidden beauty some 6 months ago now, it's colour at the time was mainly green all over but I could see slight hints of color and oval looking faded marking and though if I gave it the right amount of light it would be something I just felt would totally blow me away and it did just. I ended up purchasing another one a couple of months ago because I just had to have two lol and I can't wait for them to pup. Nev' as soon as they do you will be the first to know. I call these my "walk stoppers" in our garden because you can't help but stop and admire their beauty when your walking around the garden.
Nev in regards to your question about my Neo' Leopard, I do not know if it's the same as your 'Catlans' Leopard, but I hope that it is because the pic of your is out of the world - amazing! I purchased her from EBay and all it said was Neo' Leopard WOW!!! Large grower and that it was a hybrid, likes to grow in semi-shade and will reward you with lots of spots all over her foliage as she matures. Anyway the picture at the time of the mother plant was larg and full of spots all over her foliage witht the curves of the tip leaf coated with a line of the same color spot marking, but did not have the centre blush colour that your pic reflected, so I will be curious to see what my one does when it get's bigger, as soon as I know I will let you know.
Nev, thanks for the info on my Neo' Canefire on what it's crossed with, I had no info on this one other than Canefire written on it's tag.

Hi Karen, thanks - yeah isn't Ae. Fosters Freckles different.

Hi Shirley, thanks - glad you liked Neo' Leopard and Ae. Fosters Freckles, yes get your Fosters Freckles in more light, mine are in semi-shade and I will be curious to see how they go over summer, I am going to experiment and see how they travel. Shirley, luved your vriesea pics plants look very healthy and of good size.

Hi Ian, great pics', curious about your Vr. Splendens pups, could you please let me know if the pups produce from the bottom leaf as I hear they pups can pop up anywhere, even halfway up the plant. I have Vr. Splendens but am not to sure what to expect from what I have heard, but either way I can't wait to see my one pup. Can the pup's be removed easily/safely if halfway up the plant or are you best to sacrifice the mum and let the pups take over the pot?

Hi Colleen, luved your pic of Ae. Fosters Freckles, nice color and spots. The two I purchased from two different people called it the same name, and on the odd occasion I see them called the same on EBay.

Hi Gabi65, enjoyed reading your thread and seeing your pic.

Hi Jean, enjoyed reading your thread.

Hi Wendy, Sue, Bree - hope you are all well - I hope I have not missed any of your threads.

Anyway, trust I have not forgotten anyone from the threads I have just read, apologies finding it hard to keep up with you all but luving it, but please don't hate me if I have forgotten anyone, if I have my sincere apologies but I do care about each and every one of you and look forward to chating with you all real soon.

Time to put the kettle on, hanging for a cuppa lol.

Until next time take care everyone and happy gardening!

Couple of quick pics' of my babies and my big ugly foot lol:

Pic 1 - Vr. Fosteriana Seideliana Rubra (can't remember if I posted a pic of this one last month?).
Pic 2 - Neo. Dominos (mini) - not the best picture.
Pic 3 - Neo. Lime & Lava.
Pic 4 - Vr. Rubyae.
Pic 5 - Vr. Hieroglyphica Hybrid in flower (exuse my ugly foot in photo lol)