Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Garlic Lovers Thread - Growing and Eating in the MAF, 1 by coleup

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright coleup

In reply to: Garlic Lovers Thread - Growing and Eating in the MAF

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Garlic Lovers Thread - Growing and Eating in the MAF
coleup wrote:
Critterologist, Jill< that is absolutely clever, to alternate garlic and amaryllis! Have you done this before? Read about it? Just thunk it up on your own?

I was already planning to meet up with Garlic Man to get his positive ID of several bulbs I bought from him a month ago that I think are German White which he is currently 'sold out of'. I also have some very small bulbs of German White from my own harvest (and bulbils, too) and want to get his opinion on whether being so small, the cloves would 'make a head' next year or take two to mature.

So, yes, I can restock our " inventory" up to. and including, the 7 am opening of the Farmers Mart the day of the swap! And, next fall if the sun shines and the rain falls and we keep our garlic patches weed free we should have our own to swap!

Below is a pic of my harvest . They were grown in containers and if any one here thinks I have any expertize in garlic growing...I thought they were some left over unharvested onions that were going to seed this spring and yanked them out way early and certainly didn't treat them like a good garlic grower would! But, that was then and this is now....

Cool beans