Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 5 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
ctmorris wrote:
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the well wishes. I am starting to get around okay now but boy has it taken some time. I still have my whole back taped, but I have to take it off tonight and put my waist strap on and see how I go. The physio said that the tape has to come off to let my skin breathe. We'll see how I go. Great to see a couple of newbies. Welcome Trish and Ian. I took a few pics of the SH this morning so have some to show you. My Vr. Platynema varigata has THREE pups on it. Whoo hoo. Not a lot of good colour in the Vrieseas but it will come back as the warmer weather comes. It's an absolutely beautiful day today for the first day of Spring. I took the boys down to the Lake and the playground for a couple of hours and since we got back they have been looking for lizards. They have a huge lizard tank that is ready for sleepy lizards but we haven't found one yet. Where I live is in the Riverland of SA. Our yearly average rainfall is 3-10 inches. It gets very hot in the Summer over 40C and in the Winter it can get to -8C so quite a varying temp. My Broms are in a SH on the Eastern side of my house and they seem to love it. I have been so grateful that they take little looking after while I've been laid up. Here's a selection of random pics for you all. Colleen