Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
good morning everyone. Geeze, its crowded in here! heh heh. move over Jen, let me squeeze in!
Lots of nice photos being shared. My favourites would be Tashs Neo. 'Jewellery Shop', Jens Vriesea 'Pink Sensation' and Karens Neo. 'Pheasant'
Glad to hear your knee is on the mend, Nev. and about that garden, its one of the local gardens that won the comp last year, but I agree, it could do with more broms!
Ian, I think you are doing exceptionally well, for someone who claims to be technically challenged. Now we know you can get your photos on, we expect great things from you! heh heh
Jen, you have got some great colour into those Vrieseas, your shadehouse must be in the perfect spot. Nice to see a couple of former babies doing so well. I don't think I ever had my Vriesea 'Pink Sensation' looking that good! Did I miss something? Where is Tashs Tshirt?
Shirley, sorry to hear you are falling apart! I hope you can keep it together for a while yet!
I'm not sure what size my collection is. I used to keep a record of every plant I purchased, and where it came from e.t.c. Since then I have sold a few, and gathered a couple more, but at he last count (a couple of years ago) it was around 200 varieties. I imagine, as individual plants, it could be 1000 or so? Not really sure, as there seems to be a bromeliad around every corner, and in every crevice these days! I've even taken to attaching them to trees!
well, almost finished with the bridge. The last paver will be ready to have the form work removed this afternoon, and meanwhile I'll keep adding the rock into the area, and then wash the bridge, ready for oiling. So one more day of sunshine if you don't mind, mother nature?
My picture today is another competition garden one, as I haven't taken any new ones this week.
sorry there are no broms in it. I guess they just need to be educated?
Sue