Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

WOW … great to see so many brom addicts on the forum the last few days.

Sue, I would probably find watering the garden therapeutic if I had more time to do it. We seem to be out every day doing really fun things … like dentist and doctors’ appointments, physiotherapy and acupuncture, to name a few. We seem to be falling apart at the seams lately and we never seem to get time to do the things we like to do. I did water all my pots and broms today and that takes hours. Truth is, I have way too many plants … and yet I still want more, more, more.

Tash, great pics, love neo Jewellery Shop. Mine got burnt a while back and I thought I might lose it but it has come back and looks quite good now.

Bree, vr White Bands is lovely too and another one that I don’t have. There are just so many absolutely beautiful vrieseas and needless to say I would love to get them all.

Karen, nice pics, as always. Are you keeping well at the moment.

Nev, I agree that Mother Nature is great. I noticed a couple of wallabies today at the back of the house and a tiny little head sticking out of mum’s pouch. Really makes you appreciate living away from suburbia. That’s certainly a lot of seedlings you have there. And dare I ask, what is the ‘VOMIT’ club ... I imagine the ‘T’ stands for till ... please explain !!!

Jen, great to see you back, hope you are over your flu bug. Love your vriesea pics. I have a vriesea which I purchased as ‘Big Red’ but it is quite different from yours. I will add a pic. Love the vr Galaxy I got from you. Your vr Jungle Jade and vr Pink Sensation are just gorgeous too. If ever you have a spare pup of either, I would love the buy them.

Just curious to know what size collections everyone has. I know Nev told me a while back he thought he had about 1500 and I know Wendy and Johnny’s collection is huge. I have a small collection by comparison, around 250 and wonder how many broms other forum members have.

Anyway, that’s it for me, bye for now

Shirley